Turn Finance 2016 Scholarship Program
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and Scholarship prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions.Submission of a Scholarship entry deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Scholarship, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can submit an entry enter
- Subject to clauses 4 and 5, entry is open to all residents of Australia that are domestic undergraduates and over the age of 18, as of the date of entry, who have fulfilled the requirements set out below ('Eligible Entrants')
- Entrants must be currently undertaking either business or finance related studies in a tertiary institution (including any Australian University, Tafe, or other certified institution) and planning to continue study during 2017.
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, and associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this Scholarship program. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter/ Provider of the Scholarship is Turn Finance Pty Ltd (ABN 73 607 825 730) ('Promoter'). The Promoter’s Postal address is 9 Prince Patrick St, Richmond VIC 3121.
How to enter
7. Eligible Entrants may submit an entry into the Scholarship during the Entry Period (defined below) by submitting their application to email@example.com to provide their response and entry details.
- Entries must provide all requested contact details and a 100-words-or-less answer to be eligible to win. Entrants must confirm the course/degree they are undertaking when submitting their application. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period.
When to enter
- The Scholarship program commences on 15/06/2016 at 09:01 and closes 31/12/2015 at 17:30(‘Entry Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter.
- The winner of the Scholarship will be the best valid entry as judged by the judging panel, having regard to need and suitability of the responses given. The winner will be judged by the Promoter by 31/01/2017 at 17:30. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take the Scholarship.
- The winner will be notified by email and their name will be published online.
Number of Entries permitted
- Entrants may only enter this Scholarship once.
Scholarship on offer
- Total scholarship value is up to $1,000 as at 15/06/16. The scholarship on offer is $1,000 to be applied directly by the Promoter towards ‘Financial aid/support to students in Business/Finance related studies’, paid to the provider of the course. The winner will also receive a framed certificate signed by the Turn Finance team.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfillment of the scholarship or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the scholarship, that winner will forfeit the scholarship in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this Scholarship cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this Scholarship program if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Scholarship program. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Scholarship program.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any Scholarship; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Scholarship or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this Scholarship program.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers. Any such answers cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned.Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a Scholarship, that Scholarship value must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Scholarship program. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim the Scholarship. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Scholarship in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to re-judge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges' decision in relation to any aspect of the Scholarship program is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Scholarships are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. Turn Finance Pty Ltd and its related entities collect entrants' personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Scholarship (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). We do not sell personal information to other organisations. You may request access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Legal Compliance Department, Turn Finance Pty Ltd of 9 Prince Patrick St, Richmond VIC 3121.
- In participating in the Scholarship, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Scholarship Program, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Scholarship winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their Scholarship prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of the Scholarship.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Scholarship program.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Scholarship claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Scholarship value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a Scholarship.